A Bolsa Chico

Aug 22, 2008

Well, it finally happened - I made my first ever "man purse" or to put it another way, "bolsa chico." After seeing all of the lovely bags I've been making, my hubby decided he wanted in on some of the bag-action. So...three months later, I finally have completed his bag. Just in time too -- he is a Grad student at the moment, so he will put this bag to much use toting his laptop around during the school year. I used Amy Butler's Messenger Bag pattern, see below:



This pattern really includes every pocket and feature you could ever want in a messenger bag. It has three zippered pockets, a Velcro (or magnetic snap) closure, a magnificently long and sturdy strap, pleated pockets, pencil pockets, and many other pockets too! This is the first time I have worked with Duck Cloth, and boy was I impressed. The sturdiness of this bag is quite remarkable -- I couldn't believe my machine managed to hammer through all those layers of fabric/lining! Of course, hubby's fabric isn't as feminine as featured above, but I haven't gotten a picture yet of his bag, so you'll have to use your imagination. It has a neutral brown exterior with manly green/blue/tan/brown stripes on the inside.

All in all, I was very happy with the instructions/pattern. Really, I think keeping all the pieces all sorted out was the most difficult part. I would highly recommend any of Amy Butler's patterns because her instructions are written so thoroughly. I even learned a few new techniques which is always a bonus! Hopefully I will be posting pictures soon of my handsome man modeling his new bag!

0 comments:

 
Bolsa Chica - by Templates para novo blogger