Sewing Books

Sep 15, 2008

The blogger over at Thimble just had a wonderful post recommending various sewing/crafting books for the month of September. I really wish I had the time and money to buy and use each one of them. However, until that day when money and time begin to grow on trees, I can recommend these two books that I do have!





This book really revived my love of sewing. Although I've been sewing for years, I lost my creativity and motivation a bit. After discovering this book at an Urban Outfitters, I was hooked. I couldn't wait to try the various (and simple!) projects. My first bag was made from one of these patterns. That bag soon turned into Christmas gifts for the women in my family. Some of the instructions can be a little clunky for first time bag makers (I only had to rip a few things out!), but over all very good and extremely inspiring. It will give you the courage to tackle any project in your house (I quickly moved on to making slip covers w/matching place mats after reading this book!).

This book is so beautiful. I love the peaceful and organized pictures of sewing. It seems so unlike the cluttered, cramped, and often frantic sewing that goes on in my corner of the house. This book inspires me to slow down a little and to really ENJOY what I am doing and not just the end product. Plus, the projects are fun and practical. I love the instructions for wrapping presents in fabric - the perfect solution to those left over pieces you don't know what to do with.

0 comments:

 
Bolsa Chica - by Templates para novo blogger