Providence

Nov 17, 2008

The day has come when my day job interferes with my blogging! Tomorrow morning I will be taking a business trip to Providence, Rhode Island. Sadly, this means I may need to delay my "Things I like Tuesdays". I am bringing my laptop along with me on the trip, so you never know, I may end up posting anyway. I will have a meager amount of free time to explore Providence, so if any of you know of some must-see sites, please let me know. I'm hoping to drag my co-worker over to a fabric store, but we'll just have to see if that ends up happening!

Anyway, I'm so glad to see that many of you are excited about the prospect of making your own Christmas cards! Last year was my first time making them, and I was really surprised by how it didn't really cost me more to make my own compared to purchasing ready-made ones. I bought the plain cards from Jo-ann's (like this), and then glued two pretty contrasting ribbons to the card. It was very simple and affordable. I'd like to try to be a little more adventurous this year, so I'm thinking of buying some pretty paper from Create for Less or Crafter's Vision. Michael's is another good store if you are looking for value. These websites are a great way to find good deals on otherwise expensive paper or other card making products. You can also always use punch tools like this to dress up your cards.

I'd love to hear about any other resources y'all know about. There are so many fabulous paper sources, but most of them are out of my budget (i.e. the Paper Source). Though, they are fun to look at and get inspiration from! I'll have to save the rest of my plotting and planning for after my little business trip. Until then, happy crafting and I'll see you in a week or so!

4 comments:

Mandie said...

Did you know you can set your posts to post at a specific date and time? This solves the problem of not being able to post while on vacation. You just have to plan ahead and write your posts while you're gone!

Katie Newman said...

Excited to have you back this weekend! I gave you a shout out on my blog since you're gone :)

Tiff said...

I hope you have a safe trip! I haven't made our Christmas cards yet but one year my husband made CD's of a slideshow from pictures we took all year. The slide show was a book that turned pages and had a christmas song playing in the background. It was not as involved as you think. We had fun sending a CD in the mail as a Christmas card. Everyone loved it!

Rochelle said...

Oh pooh! I forgot about the fabric store!! But alas, there really just wasn't much to see or do in that little town, was there? I am glad we're back to normal life and normal transit systems. :) Whew. That was quite the adventure. I think I'd rather go with you to the nearby Hancocks or Hobby Lobby before ever sitting on a Providence trolley again. Although it was a hoot just cuz of you. ;)

 
Bolsa Chica - by Templates para novo blogger