Speaking of Scarves . . .

Nov 12, 2008

After spending so much time thinking about my lovely scarf yesterday, I thought, why not makes some more of these scarves? I've knitted and crocheted scarves before, but I've never made one out of fabric. At the same time I was having these thoughts, I came across a post on Confessions of a Craft Addict about a beautiful fabric scarf she just made. Isn't it pretty?

(So, apparently I'm not the only one who can't get enough of this fabric!) This scarf looks almost identical in size and shape to the one I've been going on and on about. The pattern came from this book, and I'm thinking this is going on my Christmas wish list. It looks like there are a lot of really great patterns in this book. Not to mention, after finding the book, I ran across the author's blog and I'm really enjoying that. I just love the online crafting community! It seems that almost all of my favorite fabric and pattern designers are blogging, inviting us to share in their creative journeys. Anyway, all that to say, I think I'm going to have to try making a scarf like this!

In other news, I've found another benefit to listing some of my favorite things. It turns out, my hubby read the list from yesterday and decided to surprise me at work with a Ho Ho Mint Mocha from Caribou coffee! What a sweetie! Thanks, babe!

4 comments:

Kirra Sutton said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE THAT SCARF!

Mary said...

So glad you love the scarf! I think you'll like the book, too, and Cassie is just a sweetheart.

Tiff said...

WOW what a beautiful scarf. As soon as I read where the pattern came from . . I put that book on my wish list too!

Enter to win a Sinupret for Kids Gift Pack. http://www.three-peas.com/2008/11/sinupret-for-kids-giveaway.html

elizabethcarroll said...

Yeah, that fabric is amazing - I am making a big bag out of it right now and just adore the fabric - I think I could make something out of it in every color!

Thanks for the 'Bolsa Chica Featured' link to my site! :)

 
Bolsa Chica - by Templates para novo blogger