Things I Like Tuesday

Nov 25, 2008

Just as I am getting back into the swing of things - Thanksgiving is on the horizon! Not only am I cooking the turkey on Thurs, we are also spending Fri-Sat in Chicago, Sun is the hubster's birthday, and then back to work on Mon. So it will be a bit of a whirlwind, you'd think I'd be used to that by now with how busy this Fall has been! Anyway, here is my list of lovely things for this week. The list could be much longer than 5 - so much to be thankful for!


1. The CTA. Yes, I really just said it. I am thankful for the Chicago Transit Authority. Why? Well, after the public transportation in Providence, I am thankful for the easy, fast, cheap, practical nature of the CTA. Not to mention - it really does get you where you want to go. Which means you don't end up at a random grocery store waiting in the parking lot for the trolley driver to get off of his 10 minute break so you can get back to where you thought you were going in the first place. Long story.

2. How About Orange? This little blog has been full of great ideas lately. I just love Jessica's fabric and am so inspired by all of her crafty projects. She has been a great resource for me and I'm sure you'll love her too!


3. Funny stories about Thanksgiving! One of my favorite non-crafty blogs is posting funny Thanksgiving stories all week. I'm not sure I have any random stories like these of my own, but I sure enjoy reading them! Just makes me a little more thankful for family!

4. My Sweet, Sweet Hubby. After being gone for four days, I really began to miss him. When I walked in the door he surprised me with a thoroughly cleaned house, flowers, a sweet note, my favorite candies, candles, and music. And that is just one example - he does stuff like this all the time! Always thinking about how to make me feel special and take care of me. I am soooo thankful for him and am excited to be celebrating his birthday this Sunday! This picture is old school (from our engagement session a few years back!), but I just love it. And him. Oh, how I love him!


5. And lastly, I am digging the fact that I have NO cavities. That's right, yesterday afternoon was my six month dentist check-up. Going to my last dentist back in CA was always traumatic, so I am thankful for a very kind dentist and a hygienist (new vocab word for the day, I had no idea that was how it was spelled!) who doesn't make my gums bleed.

Well, that's it for today. I know this list is a mix between the random, serious, and crafty - but that's how I roll so I hope you don't mind too much. Just 48 hours until Thanksgiving. Woohoo!

***UPDATE*** one of my friends has joined the band wagon with her own version of "things I like Tuesday". Check it out here.

1 comments:

Georgia (AKA g-bug) said...

what a sweet picture of you and your hubby.

hey, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

 
Bolsa Chica - by Templates para novo blogger