A Present for Kirra

Dec 29, 2008

My dear friend Kirra (that I have talked about before) is a home-maker extraordinaire. I love the way she has made a little Chicago apartment feel spacious, stylish, and comfortable. I know she appreciates handmade things, so I wanted to make something special for her. But, I also wanted to make her something that she would really, really like. Enter Anna Marie Horner's Seams to Me. As I was flipping through these pages I came across her instructions for making vintage-button-framed monograms. I also remember I had a piece of fabric left over from a cushion recovering project that Kirra and I worked on a few months ago. Thus, an idea was born. A trip to the store for some supplies, a little handsewing, and voila!
Here is a picture of the outcome:
I really like how it turned out. In hindsight, I probably would use flatter buttons so they don't protrude from the frame quite as much. But the overall effect is classy vintage. Pretty nice, no?

1 comments:

Georgia B. said...

very nice, yes!

she's a lucky gal to have a friend make her something like that. hand-made gifts are the best kind!

 
Bolsa Chica - by Templates para novo blogger