Six Quirky Things

Dec 1, 2008

I've been tagged by Jorjah-B to list six quirky or uninteresting things about me. This is a hard thing to do - not to come up with six things but to narrow down the list to only six! In highschool, I was often described with just that one adjective: quirky. Well, I'll give it a try anyway.

-1-
I hate the smell of maple syrup. Unfortunately, I'm also blessed with an incredible sense of smell. Thus, I can smell syrup in the afternoon if my hubby has made something with it in the morning. I can smell it on other people if they've eaten it, I can smell it on anything that was in the same room with it, I have even received a package in the mail that smelled of it. I really hate syrup.

-2-
I have several joints that are double-jointed. I'll spare you a picture on this one. Seriously, I googled double-jointed fingers and was a little grossed out. Do my hands really look like that?


-3-
I can touch my nose with my tongue. Yup, a little like this kitty. Actually, I have a pretty talented face in general. I can wiggle my ears, move my nose like a bunny, move my nose like Bewitched, raise my eyebrow independently of the other one, do what my family calls a "suck face", my ear lobes are attached . . . like I said, I have a talented face. :-)

-4- I am probably the biggest Beatles and Monkees fanatic you've ever met. My sister and I went through a phase in junior high, and I don't think either of us have fully gotten over it. The music is awesome, the time period is amazing, their humor is out of control. What is there not to love about these fellows?

-5-

When I was in kindergarten I wanted to be a school bus driver. Most of my memories that involve a school bus are not pleasant. I have no idea why the concept of driving one was so appealing back then. That is one thing I am glad that I grew out of!



-6-

I've woken up to the same song on the same CD everday (with a very few exceptions) for the past 3 years - Ginny Owens singing Be Thou My Vision. As much as I love this song, I think this says more about my bizarre relationship with music than anything else. I can listen to a song over and over and over without ever getting sick of it. And yet, most of the time I will skip around the radio channels, never letting a song finish because I'm afraid I might be missing a song I like even more on another channel. Or even on an iPod, I always want to get on to my next favorite song. It drives hubby a little batty, but he humors me.

So that's the short list. I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit more about all my quirkiness. I've also tagged several other bloggers to make their own list and hopefully pass on the tagging. What fun!

1. Cute 2 Carry
2. Darning Diva
3. Belles Lettres Designs
4. Kirra Sue
5. Learning to Trust

4 comments:

Georgia (AKA g-bug) said...

yay! fun little facts. and funny enough, i thought my hubby was the biggest Beatles fan ever. i guess he has met his match.

also funny--i have woken up to the same song for the last three or so years as well. it's on a CD that my friend burned for me of different songs, so i couldn't even tell you what it's called or who sings it. i just know it when i hear it. i'm surprised i don't hate the song because i know what it means when i hear it.
:)

thanks for doing this. i enjoyed it.

The Clarks said...

Great list! I found your blog via someone elses and love reading it.
Also, I saw the pic of Ginny Owens and knew immediately who it was. I absolutely love her and love that song. What a great way to wake up.

Darning Diva said...

Too cute! Thanks for the tag and comment on Nadija! I will definitely participate, but it might take me a while to come up with a good list. :)

Alex and Leah Panos said...

Hehe, this is cute! I guess the only thing that I didn't know already was that you've woken up to the same song for the last years! But I totally agree with skipping through songs on the iPod to find an even better one :). And boy, we really are the biggest Beatles/Monkees fans out there, aren't we? :)

 
Bolsa Chica - by Templates para novo blogger