Things I Like Tuesday

Dec 2, 2008

For some reason the weeks tend to go faster when I put a special emphasis on one day of the week. Each Monday night I am amazed that the next day will bring another "things I like" post. This week was pretty much a no-brainer. I am absolutely in love with all things Christmas right now. My list today will be longer than 5, because I just had to take photos of various nooks and crannies around the house that are filled with Christmas cheer. I hope this puts you in the Christmas mood!

I love our Christmas tree. Even though we live in a small basement apartment, my husband always insists we get a tree that is taller than him. Since he is 6'3" and our ceiling is 6'8" it gets a little tight. But, no matter, what is more cheery than having a huge, glorious, real tree consuming your living room?

A close up of my stocking. I worked on this little beauty last Christmas and I just love it. Not very traditional Christmas fabric (I actually found it in the Thanksgiving section!), but it is so perfect for me.


Cinnamon scented pine cones. Love these. they just make the room smell so festive and warm.

Our lovely photo wall. This is always my favorite wall in the house (pictures taken by my photographer husband while we were in Israel in 2006), but I love it even more with the tree branches, coffee bean candles, and red vase.

I love glass. It has always been a weakness of mine. I have a glass bottle collection, and now I am working on acquiring some beautiful glass ornaments. This is a new one that I purchased last weekend at the Chriskindlmarket in downtown Chicago (that alone could be added to my list of things I like, not to mention the Vienna almonds . . . yum!). This ornament is straight from Germany.

Did I mention I like glass ornaments? This was my first expensive ornament. I got this on a street fair in San Clemente, CA oh-so-many years ago.

Yep. I really like glass!

And occassionally I like other kinds of ornaments too. I just love the way the glitter reflects the Christmas lights!

And here is a new holiday plate that I acquired. I think it is just the best. The reindeer are so cute with candy canes, lights, and stockings on their antlers. And yet, it manages not to be too corny. Also, notice that it is adorned by some of my lovely green glass bottles and vases.

And candles, we can't forget them now can we? I love candles and candleholders. These are some of my favorite for a few reasons. For one, they are wrapped in my favorite color - cranberry. Also, they seem elegant and modern at the same time. And, I got a really amazing deal on them!


So there is some Christmas cheer for you. If I had thought of it earlier, I could have had a photo or two of the glorious snow fall from the weekend. Unfortunately, it gets dark before I get off work, so I don't have too many photo opportunities! Anyway, you can trust me that it is just lovely outside!

5 comments:

Katie Newman said...

I love that you have a great plate to put up for each season, that's so fun. I think that also fits into your glass category- how did you develop that fetish anyway? Thanks for the holiday decor inspiration :)

Monica Gee said...

Hmmm, how did I develop my love for glass? I think it started when I visited my Great Aunt Shorty's (family nickname, the rest of us are ridiculously tall) house in sixth grade. She had a shelf that went around the entire house, about 12 inches down from the ceiling. The shelf was completely filled with various glass vases. It was like wall candy. I've been hooked ever since! :-)

Kirra Sutton said...

This post makes me miss your apartment.

Georgia (AKA g-bug) said...

you've got some beautiful ornaments. great pics, too.

Alex and Leah Panos said...

So I left a comment too soon on the Give-Away post and hadn't all the many photos you had posted around your place, including the pretty tree! Very lovely decorations! My decorations are reminiscent of the 1950's or something, not cheesy, just simple...? :)

 
Bolsa Chica - by Templates para novo blogger