Things I Like Tuesday

Dec 9, 2008

For some reason it was difficult for me to come up with a list this week. Not because I don't have plenty to be thankful for or to enjoy, but because everything has been so busy lately I just haven't had time to stop and think about it. I guess that is just one more benefit of having these posts keep me accountable - it forces me to slow down and think on the things that make life a little more enjoyable from week to week. So, here we go!

1. Quilting. That one came easy! I've been busy working on finishing a quilt that is going to be a Christmas present. I started quilting in 8th grade when I first helped my mom work on a snuggly flannel blanket for my dad. Ever since then I've been hooked. Quilting combines two of my favorite things - fabric and puzzles. They are just the best! I'll post another picture when it is finished, but here is my in process picture for this week.

2. Christmas Shopping. I know, I'm a little mental (sorry, been watching Harry Potter a little too much lately!), but I really do enjoy it. I am usually rushing around like crazy whenever I go to the store, so I've been taking my time to aimlessly walk around the stores and wait until I come across the perfect gift. It probably helps that I have most of my essential shopping done, so what's left is more enjoyable.
3. White Bean and Turkey Chili. Mmmmm. I made this recipe this weekend and it is soooo good! Perfect after a long day of shopping and wiping the snow off your car.

4. Penzeys Spices. Some friends took me to this spice shop this weekend and it is just fabulous. If you can go to a brick-and-mortar store it is well worth your effort, but if not, the online store and catalog have all the same products. I love spices!

5. True Up. This website is so much fun. Everyday they post new fabrics and on Sundays they give you alerts for all of the fabric stores that are having sales. What is there not to love? This site is worth checking out!


Happy Tuesday, every one!

0 comments:

 
Bolsa Chica - by Templates para novo blogger