Bag Making 101

Jan 29, 2009

So this is a little off of the Valentine's Day topic, but after all, we do have two weeks until the big day! So, today I want to point you towards a fabulous resource if you are new to bag-making. U-Handblog is offering a Q&A session on the basics of sewing purses. I learned most of my techniques by trial and error, but you can save yourself a lot of grief through reading these answers. Here is Part 1 and Part 2 of the series.

Also, you may have noticed a comment on my blog earlier this week from Fabric.com. Apparently all you readers are going to get some sort of discount or gift from Fabric.com since I've mentioned them before. I haven't found all the details yet, but I'll keep you updated. Isn't that fun?

One other point of business, I've been cleaning through my mounds of fabric and have put together some stacks of fabric that I won't ever use but someone else might. Would anyone be interested in inheriting some of these wonderful pieces? I'd be happy to ship them out, just say the word! I'll post a picture of the stacks later. Oh, and they aren't all small pieces either. There are some bigger pieces of fabric that are really good quality. They just need a new home!

10 comments:

Jen said...

Oh I will take any fabric that you would be generous enough to send my way! We're on a spending hiatus for January and February and I am so desperate for fabric! I'm sure there will be many other takers as well, so thank you for the chance! Thanks for the links too!

kristin said...

I would love some fabric! :)

Katie said...

Ooh! I would love to inherit your fabric pieces. Is Boston too far away?

Anonymous said...

I always love more fabric and I am also teaching my 6 year old to sew so I need some that I don't have plans for! Please email me at angie_nelson@comcast.net.

Thanks, Angie

Darning Diva said...

Seriously? I'm always open to free fabric! How awesome that fabric.com is doing that! Wow! :)

RAZZIESPLACE said...

I'd love to inherit some of your piles of fabric!
Michelle

Rochelle said...

I would be blessed and happy to take a few of them off your hands. Now I just need some more help figuring out what to do with them. :)

nhsmith55 said...

Even without pictures, I know I would love some of our scraps! You make such lovely things! Please keep me in mind when you are deciding who to send them to. Thanks.

ginger said...

PLease toss my name in the hat! Thank you!

DeannaLynn said...

I am now constantly on the search for fabric. My new favorite past time is making log cabin blocks. I have about 3 quilts in mind, but not near the fabric I apparently need for them. It would be awesome if my name got tossed into the hat.

 
Bolsa Chica - by Templates para novo blogger