Disgraceful!

Jan 21, 2009

Ah, the lack of posting has been disgraceful! I hope you don't mind too much as I crash on the couch and let my poor exhausted body get some rest. I've been home sick the last two days and haven't been able to drag myself to the computer. I did think of you all yesterday and even made a preliminary "Things I Like list" but didn't get around to posting. Shameful!

Anyway, for those of you who were missing it yesterday, I thought I'd post my list today, even though it is Wednesday. It's a short week anyway, so my days are all off. This will work!

1. Pretty much all the things I like right now are the things that make me feel better. Like warm, cozy pajamas and quilts. I don't care if I'm too old to wear flannel or fleece pajama pants. They are the best and they make me feel better. So, I wear them anyway! And my favorite quilt of the moment is the double-wedding ring quilt that I inherited from my grandmother. I inherited in pieces and then finished putting it together myself. Love this quilt!

2. Hot chocolate and warm soup. I mean, it has been below freezing for the last two or three weeks. I deserve to eat and drink warm things!

3. My hubby. Oh, what an amazing man I am married too! He takes care of me all day and crashes with me when he knows I don't want to be alone. What a blessing he is to me everyday, but especially when I'm not feeling well.

4. Indoor plumbing. I mean, this one goes without saying, but when you aren't feeling well and need to run to the John, it gives you a whole new appreciation for it!

5. Friends. It never ceases to amaze me at how giving my friends are. They call when I'm sick, ask if I need anything, keep me company, pray for me, etc. What a blessing you all are to me!

OK...no pictures, I don't have quite THAT much energy. But at least I did a list, eh? Anyway, here's to hoping I'll be back in action soon! Happy mid-week everyone!

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Aw, what a sweet post. Don't worry about not being able to post as often as you like, we'll be here whenever you're up for it. :) Get better you!

(P.s. seriously let me know if you need anything, k? love you!)

Darning Diva said...

Aww, I'm so sorry your feeling icky! I hope you feel better soon!

I share your love of pajamas though. There's nothing like lounging around in PJs when the weather is cold and you don't feel good.

*hugs*

 
Bolsa Chica - by Templates para novo blogger