TILT (just easier than writing it all out!)

Mar 24, 2009

Was it really just one week ago that I was so thrilled with a Tuesday? Today has not been another one of those days. No, today I am reminded with every passing minute why I hate Tuesdays so much. It's inane really. To hate a day, that is. But, I do. So, on to some cheering thoughts that will hopefully drive away the clouds that haunt my Tuesdays.

1. Spring. Oh yes, that is at the top of the list for sure. It is slowly coming and it does brighten me up (ever-so-slightly) when I walk out my front door to see a small patch of green leaves unfurling with a bright yellow bud closed tightly at their top. Every minute that I have a chance I'm bathing my glow-in-the-dark white skin in that glorious 60 degree sunshine. Just lovely.

2. Skirts. I guess that goes right along with #1, but I am so happy to have skirt weather again. I feel so much more graceful and comfortable when I don't have to squeeze my awkwardly shaped lower half into increasingly-shrinking pants. With a skirt, you can just keep wearing it higher and higher to accommodate the growing lower abdomen. (I realize there are limits to this, eventually I won't do this or we'd have problems, but for now, its workin', OK?)

3. String Cheese. We're talking power snack here people. 6 grams of protein in each little custom-wrapped package. It's been my snack of choice lately, but can you blame me? Oh, and the Sargento's variety is unspeakably better than the cheaper varieties. Trust me.

4. Small little flutters in my belly that may or may not be a baby's early movements. I'm not saying 100% that I've felt "the first kick", but I am definitely feeling something that isn't normal and can't really be explained any other way. I've tried to talk myself out of it so I don't get my hopes up, but just the contemplation of what is to come puts a smile on my face.

5. Vacation planning. Yep, it is getting to be that time of the year when thoughts drift towards "what to do this summer". I am having fun day-dreaming about visiting my mom in CA and getting to see family again in just a few short months. And in those moments when I think, "will I ever see my last-semester grad student husband again?" I think of the trip we'll plan to get away and just enjoy one another, without interruptions of homework.

0 comments:

 
Bolsa Chica - by Templates para novo blogger