Baby on the Brain

May 15, 2009

It seems like I'm not the only one with "baby on the brain" (not to mention, baby on my bladder!!) these days. Many of my favorite online crafters are pregnant or have young ones of their own. It is hard not to feel a little overwhelmed in light of all the baby-crafting goodness. There is so much I want to do!

And now I found a lovely little book (that I'm drooling over) on Craftzine.com: Simple Sewing for Baby by Lotta Jansdotter (incidentally, this lady is the one who inspired me to start making bags in the first place!).I think I have finally settled on the "theme fabric" for our baby boy's room. I mentioned several months ago that I like Michelle D'Amores fabric line Natural Effects. Well, finding out we are having a boy has only increased my interest in using these fabrics. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of brick-and-mortar stores that carry this fabric, so I'm relying heavily on what I find on the internet. Hancock's of Paducah (Hey honey, its in Kentucky, I'm up for a road trip if you are!!!) carries this line and even has a nice quilt kit featuring the fabric. Now we just need to move into our new house so I can take some measurements, order the fabric, and get sewing!

Here is the one that I like for the curtains:

Do you know of any cute fabrics to coordinate with this one? I'd love to hear all about them!

1 comments:

Georgia B. said...

that would make adorable curtains! i am not a fabric connoisseur, otherwise i would give you some suggestions. :)

i just know what i like when i see it. and this is one of them!

you must be betting so excited!

 
Bolsa Chica - by Templates para novo blogger