Baby Nursery 1.0

Jul 23, 2009

Sorry for the short absence -- my hubby and I went on a much needed getaway for an extended weekend. It was just 2 1/2 hours away from home, but it felt like so much more! We went up to Madison, WI and stayed in the most lovely inn for a few nights. This place was truly luxurious. The heated floors in the bathroom were quite the contrast to our floors covered in drywall dust at home! Anyway, we returned last night and (after unpacking) went straight to sewing. I think I'm starting to feel the urgency that comes with expecting a baby in less than 6 weeks. Some people call it nesting, my husband hates that term so I won't use it here! :-)

There is a lot of work to do in the baby's room, so I decided starting with the crib bedding would be the best place to start. I used the pattern from Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones. I used one of the fabrics that is featured in the quilt, so I think it will all work together nicely. I also incorporated a little bit of "greenness" into the skirt by reusing fabric from an old (read ugly) shower curtain to use as the "deck" portion of the skirt. Needless to say, I think the shower curtain fabric looks much better under a mattress!


I know, not the best picture in the world , especially since the very thing I'm trying to show off is almost completely in the dark! Hopefully it still gets the point across. This is our gorgeous crib (ahem, thank you mom-in-law!!), with the quilt top (still in process) draped over the back, one finished pillow made out of quilt scraps, and a finished bed skirt below the mattress. I'm planning on using plain, store bought (gasp!) crib sheets, adding a coordinating bumper, and it should be pretty much done! (By the way, those lovely walls in the background took THREE attempts to achieve. I'm clearly not the best person when it comes to picking out paint color!)

0 comments:

 
Bolsa Chica - by Templates para novo blogger