TILT - Baby's Room Edition

Aug 11, 2009

It's been awhile since I posted a Things I Like Tuesday. Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things as certain responsibilities in my life will soon be changing. I've got 10 more days (8 business days) until I'm finished working at the publishing company I've been with for 2 years. I am so excited to think of a life that doesn't involve being at a desk from 8-4:30 five days a week. Many of you experienced mom's are laughing at my hopefulness about more free time as a stay at home mom. I guess I'll just have to find out the hard way!

Anyway, the baby's room is mostly set up, but I'm still waiting to get the wall decor up before sharing official pictures with you. However, there are some of little finished details that I really like about the room, so I'll share those with you today.

The curtains. Oh, I just love how these turned out. It took me awhile to settle on the fabric, and I actually ended up changing my mind 1/2 way through the process. I ended up with this subtle geometric print in brown. The lighting isn't great (I've been using my iPhone for pictures, hopefully the normal camera will be back in action soon!), but I just love how perfectly this fabric matches our wall color. The wall above the chair rail is actually blue, which for some reason looks tan in this photo. I guess you'll just have to trust me on this one!

Ah, the crib. You've seen it in a couple of different lights, but here it is again. I just love this piece of furniture. Some friends from work put together this adorable (and coordinating) sign to welcome our little guy home. The bumper is finished, you can see the brown/white polka dots peeking out on the right side. I have the quilt laying in the crib for this photo, but obviously he won't be sleeping with that for awhile!

And the diaper cake from one of my showers. I know in good time this thing will be ripped apart for more *ahem* practical uses, but for now I just like to have it sitting on the changing table (pictured here on our couch), reminding me of the little boy who is arriving in no time at all. The stripes also match our changing pad cover which is pretty awesome!

Well, that's it for the sneak peeks. I hope to get the rest of the room finished soon, but we've still been doing some electrical work in there for the past few weeks. Once it is done, I look forward to sharing it with you -- and of course our little man!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Just beautiful and I know you are counting down the days. Having been blessed with a firstborn son and then a daughter, I am always so thankful for the joy they have brought to my life. Blessings to you and your family. :)

Jen said...

Everything looks great!! You'll have free time, don't worry. I have two toddlers and a five week old, yet here I sit commenting on your post :)

Rachel said...

The room looks awesome!!

 
Bolsa Chica - by Templates para novo blogger