Blanket Stitch

Oct 12, 2009

I'm not a huge fan of handwork, but occasionally I'll come across something that is just too cute to pass up. In this case, Parker's great-grandma gave him the cutest blanket involving a lot of handwork. I think it is such a great idea, that I thought I'd share it with you in case you are looking to give someone a unique, handcrafted gift like this.


The concept is simple enough: use 3 pieces of coordinating fleece fabric and make a hooded blanket. The hood is basically a triangle shaped piece that butts up to one of the corners on the blanket. After assembling the hood onto the blanket, the real hard work and dedication sets in: use a some embroidery thread and blanket stitch around the whole perimeter. I found a good blanket stitch tutorial at Primrose Design's blog.

Here is Parker enjoying his special blanket.

And here is a close up of some of the handwork.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

elizabethcarroll said...

Very cute! Blanket stitches are exhausting - I used it on some fleece stuffed animals once but the final product looks great!

Rochelle said...

Pardon me...I'm busy staring at the adorable little face inside the nifty blanket... :)

 
Bolsa Chica - by Templates para novo blogger