Business Happenings

Oct 8, 2009

While my life has been dominated by all things baby since about January, I'm finally able to get back to running my little sewing side business. Yep, that's right, the bolsa chica (bag lady) is finally getting back to making bags! I found some time tp sew this evening while little mister was napping (scary, I know, naps in the evening make for long nights!). I whipped up this simple little zippered make-up pouch.


I've made zippered pouches before, but this time I decided to take advantage of my serger and make a modified version. I've always had to line these before, which just adds to the cost and time. This version is unlined, but still finished with serged edges to prevent fraying of the fabric and to give it a finished look. This allows me to sell it at a lower price! Woohoo! I think the size is also better than previous pouches -- I mean look at all that make-up I fit in there and with room to spare!

I also added a couple of new quilts to my shop. These are ones I made quite a while ago, but never got around to posting.




In other "business" news, I just found out that one of my clutches made the homepage of etsy. I can't believe it! What an honor to have my gator clutch displayed in this way.

One more thing: I signed up for another craft show. It is coming up in November and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm hoping to spend the next month coming up with some new designs to help make it extra succesful! Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated. So, that's what is going on in the world of the bolsa chica!

0 comments:

 
Bolsa Chica - by Templates para novo blogger