Dec 3, 2009
Woohoo! I finally finished Parker's quilt! Over the holiday weekend, his Grandma and Great-grandma helped me tie the quilt. This step isn't complicated but it is time consuming. With their help the work went fairly quickly. So, I made up the binding on Monday and have been working on getting it attached the rest of the week. I usually don't care for hand sewing, but with the sudden temperature drop it seemed particularly appropriate to be working with my hands, with a cozy quilt on my lap. During Parker's morning nap I finished it up! Yay! Here it is in all it's iPhone camera glory:
Love it! And here is the fabric I chose for the back:
I know it isn't the most boyish quilt ever, but I figure I'll be spending the next several years crafting with superhero, racecar, and sports fabrics - so I'm using my taste in fabrics while I can! The best part is almost everyone in Parker's immediate family helped in some way on making the quilt - what fun!
On a side note: If you are at all interested in using this quilt kit, I'd really recommend measuring everything our before you cut. I found several errors in the pattern, including how much fabric was included. I wouldn't recommend this pattern for beginners, not because it is hard but because of the errors and bad directions. Experienced quilters will be able to see the problems and improvise. It's a pity because the fabric is gorgeous and the design is wonderful. Just use with caution!