Kefir

Jan 28, 2010

Well, I haven't been too busy in the craft room lately -- but I've been super busy in the kitchen. Hubs and I have been on a sort of detox / reset diet. That has meant a ton of cooking! Lots of fresh fruit and veggies, light meat, water, and an occassional whole grain serving. We've both noticed a difference in how we feel and how our pants fit! :-)

Anyway, I tend towards mostly natural cooking anyway so this hasn't been a huge leap for us. I am however missing dairy, bread, and the occassional sweet treat. To mix up our beverages a bit, we are trying kefir. Up until I started getting into "Real Food", I hadn't even heard of kefir. I still don't know about all the benefits, but what I know is encouraging enough to try it. My first batch of kefir came yesterday and is rehydrating as I type. Once that is done we'll be all set to start our first kefir soda drinks. I'm excited!

In other baking news, I'm starting to learn the ins and outs of bread making. It's a strange time to get into it with our current diet, but after finding the book "Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes a Day" I couldn't help myself. I'll let you know how that goes!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Interesting. I'm not familiar with Kefir at all! You'll have to let me know what you guys think of it and what the health benefits are!

 
Bolsa Chica - by Templates para novo blogger